Buzau land is currently an aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark. UNESCO Global Geoparks are single, unified geographical areas where sites and landscapes of international geological significance are managed with a holistic concept of protection, education and sustainable development. The Geopark Land of Buzau includes several famous tourist landmarks, such as the Muddy Volcanoes, the Eternal Flames, the domes of salt, or the Trovants from Ulmet.
Conacul Grigorescu is official partner of the Geopark asosciation.
For private groups we organise special thematic weekends (min 3 rooms. 6 adults):
Programme example – UNESCO Geopark Land of Buzau – Family Weekend
- Friday Evening: Dealu Mare Wine Tasting (5 varieties) with sommelier & Carpathian Slow Food Tapas at the Pool Bar of Conacul Grigorescu (if weather permits)
- Saturday morning: Visit of UNESCO Geopark GeoGate Information Centre & guided tour to the Mud Volcanoes
- Picnic at Buzau river (if weather permits)
- Saturday afternoon/ evening: Pizza & Bread Workshop for the whole family – Early dinner
- Sunday 10.00: Slow Food Brunch with regional produce of Buzau at Conacul Grigorescu
ideally for children > 6 years
Price: 139 EUR pp. , 50% for children > 6 – 14 years (package without accommodation)
Culinary weekends are only available as package (accommodation plus package, 50% advance payment (refundable until 5 days before the event)
Accommodation between 75 and 110 EUR per double room/ apartment, please choose your preferred room
Request for offer/ ask for availability: