A culinary experience in the forest…
Truffle hunting is a real nature and culinary experience. The forests in Buzau County close to Grigorescu Mansion are an ideal place for truffle hunting. Being on the same latitude as Piedmont in Italy, having favourable climate conditions and abundant forests, Buzau County has excellent conditions for the growth of truffles. But truffle hunting needs years of experience, knowledge of local places and special trained dogs. Join one of the most amazing culinary adventures in the Subcarpathian mountains.
Truffle season in Buzau:
between June and January (depending on the weather conditions).
Truffle Hunting Weekend – Programme Example:
- Friday Evening: Dealu Mare Wine Tasting (5 varieties) with sommelier & Carpathian Slow Food Tapas
- Saturday: Truffle hunting in Buzau forest with a professional truffle hunter, picnic and local drink basket included
- Saturday Evening: 3-Course Truffle Dinner at Conacul Grigorescu
- Sunday 10.00: Slow Food Brunch with regional produce of Buzau at Conacul Grigorescu
Price: from 195 EUR/adult
- Culinary weekends are only available as package (accommodation plus culinary package)
- Accommodation between 75 and 110 EUR per double room/ apartment, please choose your preferred room
- 50% advance payment (refundable until 5 days before the event)
Request price offer/ Check availability: